I dont think hes going to want the SD, I like them but I would never mistake one for stock myself. If youve got the air grabber style air cleaner it hides alot though. I think if you go with the big stroker kit to the 499 you can make your power with the .528 and a well ported set of 906s with the manifolds and stock intake as long as you give it enough CFM with something like the 850 AVS Edelbrock sells, an AVS Edelbrock on a MoPar is generally considered a stock replacement type deal, in fact any carb replacement on any MoPar is something I never think of as a true modification, its almost a tuning item. I like the Carters but they dont really make anything big enough for even a mild 440.

If you run manifolds go with the .528 if you use something off the shelf, its one of the best DC cams and it works well with manifolds from what I hear from alot of guys who know theyre stuff. My only big block had manifolds on it but it was a 440, different case. I like the look though and when I finally get a big block in the Satellite I'd be tempted to run them. Headers are just worth so much power though, on a stock 383 youre looking at 25+ horse for a decent set of cheap Hooker or Hedmans.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street