Yup this is the extreme solid line.

The engine idles OK with less initial, but idled better and better the more initial I gave it, thus why I locked it. Although I did not verify with a vacuum gauge I will double check this weekend, RPMs came up and I reset curb idle to get them back down. Once warmed up the engine fires right off at the touch of the key, doesn't even get a full revolution in really before it comes to life.

I am running a valley tin with paper gaskets on either side. The gaskets seemed to crush well, but the reason I am worried about a potential vacuum leak is because I had a little trouble getting the intake on. Port alignment was good, and even with no gasket/tin the intake face to head alignment looked flush, but I did have to touch up the bolt holes to get the bolts started easily.

The only other way I can think to more accurately check for a vacuum leak is with propane and a long rubber hose. Someone on here had suggested something good a few months back for checking for vacuum leaks, and now I can't find the thread. I thought I favorited it.

I've had a cold since Monday AM so I haven't gotten out to play with the car after work.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 03/18/14 11:51 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street