Quote:

Quote:

Water monometer testing my exhaust evac system with a "full" exhaust system installed. Goes under pressure at about 1500 rpm.

With all the exhaust system hype that goes around, wonder how many actually measure back pressure. A questions for your buddies. Off my 3" collectors my system is 3" to 2 chamber 3" in and out mufflers to turnouts in front of the axle. As I said, any back pressure at all closes those valves and then you got nothing except a pressurized crankcase - often accompanied by lots of oil leaks . In order for the crankcase to vent, it has to overcome the exhaust back pressure. Actually, the PCV system is a very efficient ( and forgiving ) system. It really wasn't designed as an evac system, but an emissions system ( why it often gets a bum wrap). When it's suckin, it does maintain a very slight vacuum in the crankcase. If your motor is a little tired, it will vent to the atmosphere ( breather), or the air cleaner ( inlet side of the carb )at higher rpm's. IMO, the next best thing to running a pcv system for the street is to just vent both valve covers to the atmosphere - via old school.

I just run a pair of breathers on the covers on my
Rampage.. its a street mainly car