Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps true, however why not replace it while you have it apart? Seems to me if you don't want a half ass overhaul why not do it right the first time? I guess I'm not big into removing and reinstalling transmissions.

If that's what u want to do that's fine but 99.9% of the time replacing the rear band is a waste of money unless you where having problems with rev slipping.

It is not a shifting band it is applied while you are sitting still.

I spent 27 years in the business and have done more of these units than most people have ever seen.
And most of the time the rear bands look like new.

There is a big difference in a true rebuilder that knows what is good and what is bad by looking at the parts and someone that is just a parts changer.

Absolutely true. I was a trans tech at a Dodge dealer for over 20 years. I've literally rebuilt thousands of these things and can count on the fingers of one hand the times a rear band needed to be replaced.

Perfect example why Chrysler has such a bad reputation regarding service departments. There is a reason why these technicians have rebuilt "thousands" of these transmissions......just replace what is absolutely necessary that will get the customer out of their hair.

Well my friend you have no idea who I am or what I do I spent 27 years in the business in the independent side so I never worked for a dealer

I can tell you I am a pro at what I do, I had customers that dealt with me for years and I have units out the that my customers drove for 100's of 1000's miles after I rebuilt there transmission.

I take pride in the work I do and would never charge for or recommend something that I would not do to my own vehicle.

So you can go ahead and change whatever parts you would like, as it is clear you have never done this on a daily basis as I have and are clearly not in the same league as a true tech.

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4