Quote:

Quote:

Well,your links are wrong, there is no button shown, especially in the last link.

While there might be an application that has the button on the rotor rather than the cap in the OP's setup it's in the cap.

In any case the point is moot as he has replaced the cap and rotor, with what one assumes to be hte right parts that fit properly. This should negate the "button issue".

That leaves ONE thing, the distributor is not turning. I ran into a situation where the rotor was not turning on a slant six, long story why but basically the owner was a chucklehead. The coil would spark once per "key on/key off" cycle. This was with an electronic ignition setup.

If the PO is getting only one spark from the coil wire it would point to that, if he is getting multiple sparks then it wouldn't point to it.

The button is the carbon button in the cap, most are solidly moulded into the cap but some are attached like an alternator brush with a copper strap & a spring, that style sometimes falls out & you get weak/no spark at the plugs...

& no rotor spinning = one spark...

im with you. I call the rotor a rotor and a cap a cap. calling a rotor a rotor button is a new one on me. I never had a name for the contact in the distributor