Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think it's a waste of time and a perfectly good paint brush. It does look cool in the magazines.

I would disagree on this. It does much more than just look cool...lol.

Can you enlighten us with a list of the "much more"?

I worked for a utility company in Pittsburgh and we used it on high voltage Transformer tanks and winding leads. We had a huge problem with insulating oils becoming acidic due to degradation over time and condensation. Glyptal was the only thing that solved our problems. I have never seen it fail or degrade even in the very worst super high voltage, high temperature situations. Our Network operators and mechanics developed all kinds of uses for it including spot rust proofing on Downtown Network Transformers which are almost always partially submerged in water that had salt in it from winter sidewalk maintenance. A couple of coats of it on Breaker or Transformer leads often served as a very good insulator when normal insulating materials could not be used. I have also seen it used as a gasket sealer on high pressure Transformer oil Tanks. I can honestly say that this stuff was on every one of our trucks and is the first thing restocked if there was any danger of running out. Just from someone that used it daily for over 40yrs.