Quote:

Quote:

Car is a mostly driver and I want something better than stock for the nice curvy roads where I live (and the hopes for a future road track day) and would like suggestions.

Am I thinking correctly to start with maybe some Koni stock appearing replacements, bigger front swaybar, installation of a rear bar, and a set of subframe connectors???? Would these changes be a noticeable upgrade over stock, and worth it???

Yes, noticeable. And suitable for a track day.

Quote:

I've already installed polygraphite bushings/accessories to the front end, and MP front disc conversion. That's the only upgrades to the front.

Does that conversion take Mopar facotory rotors? Nice to be able to get 11.75" dia disks on there. IMHO the factory disks swap is just as capable as these aftermarket kits with cast iron calipers. And if you use the 73-76 A-body or F/M/J spindle the upgrade to one inch larger disc is not very expensive.

Quote:

Please tell me how you'd better the OVERALL suspension for a big driver car including brand of aftermarket pieces with a Goal under $1200.00.....Thanks

OK, $1200 budget... Bang for you buck and trying to not to duplicate labor with further improvements.

• $335 1.18" T-bar from www.firmfeel.com
  • stock rear springs
  • $100 Addco 1 1/8" front if you have a factory bar allready
  • ~$50 Energy sway bar to K-member adapters
  • $240 Helwig adjustable 3/4" rear sway bar pn 6907
  • ~$50 Moog offset 7103 rubber UCA bushings for caster on stock A-arms
  • N/C shaved the rearward poly strut rod bushing like this: http://users.erols.com/mathewg/bushings.html
  • Alignment: 4.4 deg pos caster, 1 deg neg camber, 1/16" toe in
  • $500 Koni shocks or QA1 single or double adjustable

Whew! That's $1275. How'd I do??

Next improvements
  • reinforce welded 70-72 K-member with $100 70-72 sway bar to run up to 5.5 backspace front rims (might substitute this for the Koni shocks just because you have to take so much off to get to it)
  • adj. prop. valve,
  • frame connectors
  • Firm Feel Stage III power steering box
  • 13" disc AndyF brake kit
  • Doc Diff rear brake kit with parking brakes

My current setup in my 340 68 Barracuda listed below. Future plans (if money falls out of the sky) for some bigger T-bars, front and rear 275/40/17 tires on 17x9's, 13" disks with good calipers, brake ducts.

• .99 T-bar
  • stock 340 original 40 year old rear springs
  • Addco 1 1/8" front 3/4" rear sway bars
  • 245/50/15 BFG Comp TA, 15x8 rallyes, 4.5 bksp
  • 73-76 k-member welded reinforced
  • Mopar reman power steering box
  • La Carra steering wheel
  • Moog offset 7103 rubber UCA bushings for caster on stock A-arms
  • poly: LCA, strut, sway bar, leaf bushings
  • Alignment: 4.4 deg pos caster, 1 deg neg camber, 1/16" toe in
  • 11.75 front disk, 10" stock rear drums
    Mopar Police semi metallic disk pads, braided flex lines, adj. prop. valve, MP alum master
  • QA1 single adjustble front shocks
  • Koni SPA1 rear shocks

With all due respect Steve, I can add that the Konis are nowhere near enough shock for the afformentioned t bar. I also beg to differ that the 11.75 brakes with single piston cast iron calipers rival more modern multipiston units with larger rotors. In the real world, it just isn't happening. Since he mentioned track capable, we need to put more modern options on the table...

BTW, how did you arrive at that torsion bar selection?