Quote:

Quote:

Well, I keep forgetting to take a pic of my car intake/kickdown area. To be honest I havent looked at it for a couple of years, it was in storage in Oregon after I moved to Florida, and it just got her a week ago.. I have been packing this aluminum intake around and thought it would be nice to install it with a new edelbrock carb.

From what I can tell it is the stock intake that came on my car when it was built in late 66. If is the car in the pic. 67 R/T with its original 440/727. Everything else is original to the car in the engine compartment. Pretty sure it has a flat area that the cable/brackets sit on with a bracket that bolts to the intake manifold.

The Aluminum intake I have does not have a mounting/bolt hole on it for securing this bracket to. So I was wondering if I could purchase a new intake that had the mounting area for the bracket so I could install it on my car.. NON of the pics I see, for aluminum intakes for 440 engines, seem to have this THREADED BOLT hole that the bracket bolts into, for the cables..

You need to go back and A) look at your car , and B) look at the picture I posted in the other thread ... here I posted it for you .... the original bracket for your car does NOT bolt to the intake , NEVER did , it is held in place by the rearmost bolt that holds the intake to the head the intake you currently have is not incorrect, you swap the intake and put the bracket back in the same spot.

If you are going to run an Ebrock carb you need to get the Mopar adapter bracket so your stock linkage will work correctly.

Also DO NOT under ANY circumstances buy the Performer Series 750 , it is a total POS ... Buy a Thunder series AVS.

On top of this (edelbrock info) John but I do appreciate the info..

I answered this in my other post ( thanks) The bracket you show above I believe is correct ( yes I have the 3 piece linkage) but I think it bolts to the hole where the throttle cable bracket bolts on the intake manifold..