Hello everyone, I am a new member here looking for knowledge and parts as I start the restoration process of my 1970 Barracuda. I thought I would start a thread to outline my progress.

The car in question is a 70 Gran Coupe car that I acquired a few years ago. I know very little about the history of the car as I acquired it without fender tags or a build sheet. From what I know, the previous owner restored the car back in the early 80's and added a 440 instead of the 318 it got from the factory. In 83 he blew up the motor in his drag car and decided to pull the 440 out of the Gran Coupe and stored the car in a storage unit. Fast forward to 2010 and he could no longer afford to store it which is how it passed to me. As I have looked over the car, I believe it was originally a black car with a 318 and a console shifted automatic. The car was painted white and then the engine compartment and trunk were painted black again. . I've grown up sort of a purist when it comes to restorations preferring the stock look, but this car was nothing special when new and the lack of fender tags would stop me from restoring it this way. I still haven't decided exactly what the plan is for the car, but I will outline what I have done so far and follow up with pictures for what I do as the build progresses. Im sure I will have lots of questions as I dig into this project, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Pictures will come shortly.

Last edited by Turbo224; 02/03/14 09:46 PM.