Quote:

Quote:

Ok, I have to ask this, and I am not in position to race the top 10.
But...... If this is about the top 10 street cars, and there is a 30 mile drive etc. to prove it, then why make rules about tire size, and frame type?
It sounds to me like the rules are being made to favor cars that fit these guidelines and not necessarily what cars would be the fastest of the top 10.

Mark

I agree. If it is legal by the law and makes the 30 mile (or however long it is) drive then it should be good to run.

Some, not all, rules are designed to keep the cars more street appearing. That will open a can of worms though b/c everyone's view of a street car is different.
Around here a lot of the 28" tire rules for street car races are to keep fox body mustangs w/ big tires out. It takes a decent amount of work to get a 29.5 under a fox body...and typically, a fox w/ that much tire under it will be a class killer.

The race this weekend in Lakeland has no drive.....square tube chassis OK Round Tube is OUT....a certain little Purple Guy we all know was pitching a fit about the no-drive, but looks to be showing up anyway.....should be an interesting event....anyway we will see come Monday

Rickster