Quote:

Rick are you saying that motor is that finiky when it comes to a plug ?

Yes I am....Trust me, years ago I would have told myself I was full of it, but I have seen and fixed driveability problems associated with incorrect or the "latest and greatest" plugs in stuff so many times it isn`t funny..people can choose to believe what ever they want, but in 25 years of this crap on nothing but mopars I have seen it too many times.

Quote:

I for one don't buy into the 100K spark plug change interval , thats nuts .

I do not either unless the application calls for platinum plugs which is usuallu the only time you`ll see a 100k interval, as clean as things burn today it isn`t unusual to see 100+ thousand mile platinum plugs look pretty good considering the age, However His `04 will have standard plugs and I personally like to see them changed around 40-50 thousand`ish(I think "B" service interval is 30k) I`ve noticed a handfull of hemi`s that have had Plat plugs put in them start eating coils a few thousand miles after install.
If you want to see a engine that eats plugs, take a gander at any 4.7 with 25-30k on it, I have never seen something wear plugs as bad as that engine does.

Rick