So I picked up an already built 505 off here. Its a 440 block, Eagle stroker kit, has Indy EZ-1 Max Wedge port heads with I am told are as they come from Indy springs wise, and for a cam it has the old Mopar .590 in it 4 degrees retarded.

Its going in a 67 Fury Police Pursuit car I picked up last year (the block is actually a 67 within a few days of the cars build date) and I want to have a hassle free large amount of street miles drivable car as well as occasional strip use. I have much faster cars for strip use already, this is my "cruiser" lol so I am willing to leave a fair amount of peak power (but not too much) on the table in exchange for a fairly decent idle, fairly low maintenance rocker adjustment and valvespring life wise, enough vacuum for my power brakes, etc. I recently went with a street/strip converter in the thing like a 2500-3000 or so stall, a mildly built 727 from Keith Long, and I went with the factory original 3:23 gears and a nice sure grip setup from Dr. Diff. so I do not want to change any of that.

So what I was thinking was I went out and got the dual plane indy manifold already and will open that up to the MW ports, and I was going to go with an 850 or 950 4150 carb. I was looking at going with a much more streetable and lower maintenance cam either a hydraulic or hydraulic roller with around 250 duration at 50 like the XE295HL Comp Cams hydraulic (251/257 duration at 50, .564 lift) since everything I am seeing points to the .590 Mopar being too much duration for me, much bigger stall requirements, and frequent lash adjustment. As far as the springs I have no idea - all I seem to find is that the heads have springs "good for .600 lift" in em. Would these be decent for a hydraulic or hydraulic roller in the mid-high 500 lift range? Anyone know what specific springs these heads come with?

Looking for input basically what do you guys think or recommend?

1996 Viper GTS - UGR Twin Turbo 1500RWHP, 9.02 @ 167 on pump gas and DOT tire
1973 Challenger - 572 Indy Hemi 860HP
1975 Trailduster Convertible, 440
1967 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit 2DR 505 Stroker
2004 Neon SRT4 modded

www.milwaukeemopar.com