I have seen this arguement a million times.

Fact is the GEN 3 and the LS motors using stock parts can make about the same power for the same price +/- 10%. usally up around 500-600hp

Step over 600hp and you will have to have some Other than Stock parts,. Be they full aftermarket parts or MODIFIED heavily stock parts.

Want to go past 650hp, better get the wallet/credit-card etc out. It's gonna cost you. This is about the point that the field as far as HP to $$$$ starts to even out.

I have considered and compared LA vs GEN3 & Gen 2 Hemi vs R3/W8,9 vs LS vs Ford.

Upto 500-600 LS and Ford Modular are the cheapest and easiest readily available 2 options. Gen 3 5.7L hemis are starting to catch up in the $$$$$.

Go over 600hp and the $$$$$ gap reduces very quick.

Over 750hp and that gap is at a point that if your complaining about the $$$$ you shouldn't be building to that level.

First thing that comes out of many LS peoples mouth when I mention BIG HEADs. Is the Mozez heads. Want to see a Deal Breaker. $4999.95 BARE!

And they only flow about 20-25cfm better than the W9-RPs I have, that cost me $4200 compelete and ready to go.

IF it were me and I was shooting for 400-500hp: Gen3 Hemi in a Mopar. Ls in a Chevy or Ford. Just too easy, less head aches.

I have a 2 Magnum Motors as well as an R3/W9-RP and they are both equally a Pain the Rear to find parts for some times and when said parts are found can be pricey. Just because they are getting dated and scarce. Only reason I haven't scrapped the Magnum Motors is all the re-wire and fab to make a Hemi and It's transmission FIT. I just don't have time at home to get it done.