Thanks guys. After letting the car sit all night This is usually when he has the issue. I went and put a Meter on the Solenoid wire on the Starter. My son turned the ignition key. I heard a loud click ( louder than just the relay) and I got voltage to the Starter Solenoid.
After a few tries the car started to crank.

The Starter was bad, The Gear would jump out ( The Loud click) but would not spin. My guess is the Motor windings or the Brushes were going bad. After many phone calls we actually found a store that had a Starter. I guess Time will tell verify if that was the whole problem. It Started when we tested it and it started when he left for Work.
ONE MORE ISSUE. After the install when we first started it there was a hint of contact with something. The one steel Shim is in between the Starter and the Trani. It was not a hard contact at all and it went away in about 5 seconds. I wonder if I should put another shim in there or maybe loosen the Starter and lift it up away from the Flywheel a bit with whatever slop is in the holes in the Starter.

Last edited by Tony H; 11/27/08 09:44 AM.

'75 CJ5 with all glass body and a 350 Chevy SB
'85 Chevy Stepside (the wife's)
'89 Volvo
All 100% maintained by me.
'70 valiant DD for my son
'74 Dart Swinger..Latest endeavor
http://home.lyse.net/brox/TonyPage4.html