Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for all the replies guys!!!

Seems there are many ways to get it into the 8s, but I have the HEMI stuff already and I wanna use it on this build.

I was thinking NA pump gas HEMI, but to make the numbers needed on pump gas is kinda shooting for the moon and hoping the best.

It could be done, but with more exotic parts like Millenium Heads, en even bigger crank and then also I might have to run a really serious cam....due to my location its not practicual to build a high manteniance engine.

I think a mild Old School Street Blown HEMI would get me where I want to.

Lets see what happens....

If you want a blower motor build one but I think it is much easier and more streetable to put that money in the hemi heads and build a pump gas motor. My hemi is only a 528 with 10.4 compression. I am running ported Stage V replacement heads. I ran 9.88 @ 3950 lbs with more ET on the table. If you take the rule of 100 lbs equals a 10th of a second your car would easily run mid 8's with my motor in the car.
If I were to build a blown hemi I would be shooting for 1500 horsepower.

My 572 pump gas motor went 9.11 @ 147 with 1.26 60ft at Atco, ran 9.20-9.30 all summer long at LVD. car weighed 3280 lbs.
604 millennium motor 8.46 @ 163 with 1.32 60ft. at Atco and Englishtown. car weighed 3160. The formula of 100 lbs. per 1/10 doesn't work so well when you start going faster so I don't think it will be an easy mid 8 sec. combo.
If you take 300 lbs. out of my 572 combo and remove the 4 mufflers that I run, it should get you in the eights. We will find out soon because we are putting the 572 in my brothers car and it should weigh in at about 2850 or so. I made a lot of changes on my car this winter and removing 280 lbs was one of them. I don't expect to run 8.20's.