OK, I'm going to throw this out there because I've had a good experience with mine:
Clarke 180EN 220V/180A MIG

I searched for several months to find a used Miller, since there's a Miller store not far from me. Not sure what was going on, but you couldn't touch a used 110V unit for less than $700 back then (6-7 yrs ago), and I really wanted a 220V for the extra flexibility. I finally got to where I NEEDED a welder for my LCA project and couldn't find the Miller I wanted, I bit the bullet and ordered the Clarke. I got it delivered in 3 or 4 days for about $560, including the cart, autodark helmet & regulator. FWIW, the cart is functional, but a PO$, and would make a good project if you have the time. I also ordered a small pile of consumables, but most TWECO-style gun parts will fit.

I wired my garage with a single 220V outlet near the door, and made up a 15-20' heavy extension cord so I could reach anywhere in the garage and most anywhere under the carport. So far, I've made an engine cradle, a set of boxled LCA's, subframe connectors, torque boxes, and a number of small engine accessory brackets. The unit has worked perfectly, with the only problems I have ever seen related to me forgetting to turn the gas on (snap-crackle-pop), forgetting to turn it off (empty tank - again!), and wire so old it gets crud on it and doesn't push well. Those have all been easy fixes. Some day I hope to have time to weld more often and avoid all three situations.

Is the Clarke a great welder? Probably not. It doesn't have the infinite power/feed adjustments that other higher-dollar units have, but it seems (to this rank amateur) to do the job I need it to do. I've called their tech support (in OHIO) a few times for questions about how to weld or what to do, and they've always been helpful. For me, it was - and is - a great "starter" welder, and should last me a long time given the limited amount of welding I do.

Clair