My '02 3500 Ram turned 50K recently and I thought it would be a good idea to change fluid and install a shift kit. I've let it be known I didn't care for how this thing shifted from day 1 and had it to the dealer a couple times. It seems to want to hunt for gears when towing or when in cruise would downshift for a grade then never upshift on it's own when on a flat.( I let it go for miles just to see when) Anyway most of this stuff was cured when I turn the OD off. Enough history for now.

I installed this Trans-Go kit and followed the directions as best I could and now have a problem with 1-2 shift. From a cold start seems ok but as the trans warms it acts up. What I thought was slipping is it wanting to start in 2nd gear. Stopping then going to reverse then back to drive seems to correct it but will flutter between 1 & 2 depending on throttle position. Idleing thru a parking lot I can hear it shifting in and out of 1st but don't really feel it. Occasionally from a dead stop it will shift normal. 3rd, OD, and convertor lock-up seem normal.

By the time I had disassembled the VB on my bench I wished I had paid someone to do it but it was too late. I'm only assuming it has something to do with the 1-2 accumulator but don't know the full mechanics of any of it. Typing this all out is easier than trying to explain this over the phone to someone. I am embarrassed this didn't work out and could really use a little guidance.

Last edited by redraptor; 01/01/14 12:02 PM.