If you want reliability and daily drivability - go factory. You want constant breakdowns and constant repairs, go aftermarket. There is a reason that the factories spent so much money developing these cars. They designed them to work within specific parameters. Aftermarket was designed to make them work, for the most part, off track. My advice? DITCH THAT POS B&M shifter, and go factory. Then, ditch those POS headers and go factory Hi-po (Year one, where ever)Then enjoy your ride. Hop up the engine, whatever, but keep the shifting and exhaust OEM style. I spent SO many countless hours working on my Charger, before small starters, rebuilding starters, replacing plug wires, ALL the head aches that came with [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] headers. If you want to just drive and enjoy. DON"T MESS WITH IT ALL. My 67 Coronet came with bench seats. IF IT IS JUST A STREET CAR? WHY? lol. I have bought everything from the console to everything related to make it a floor shifted vehicle. Shifter and everything,,bucket seats, for less than a set of expensive headers. It can be done. If you want to keep buying cables, then you are on your own. God help you.