Quote:

Matt...I have a hemi, but I switched to a larger cast manifold (Indy 426-4). Has more plenum and runner volume than the Ray Barton manifold I had been running. Both single dominator manifolds.
The bigger manifold was stronger up top, but it never made up for what it lost down low. 60 foot slowed 1/2 a tenth! I never expected my 572" motor to be affected like that.

With the nitrous it might not be a big issue, but on motor you MIGHT be disappointed. It may run great, it just seems like a similar scenario to what I was in w/ mine is all.
It would have been better in my car if I had the converter loosened up a lot and was able to turn more rpm, but that's not at all what I wanted to do w/ it.

Hey Chip, I know you run the hemi and in the past the RB stuff, but I wanted to hear your experience with it anyways since it might play out similar.

I got the manifold with the heads. To be honest, I have always assumed it was a top end package that had to go together, or atleast worked well together. I already have it, so I will try it and see. I hope you it still performs well. The car might eventually end up more of a bottle baby, but I still want it to be a fun all around car on the motor too.

I guess time will tell when I get to run it. But I have pretty much decided that a spacer on top of this giraffe like plenum might not be the best idea for hood clearance and performance