here's some info to pass on to your buddy although it is just my opinion. in 2001 i decided to build a ss hemi dart clone. at that time my friend todd really wanted a charger daytona but they were out of his spending range. as he watched me proceed over the next 6 yrs he found a 70 road runner and decided to do the superbird build. now i don't know how much he has in it but we go to alot of the same shows/cruises and he almost always scores an award and always has many people vewing/asking? about it where as my car is often overlooked except by diehard chrysler fans or drag racers, i'm talking like 2 to 1 liking his car over mine and my car is very correct looking. neither of us are trying to pass our cars off as anything but a clone although both of us get the "is that a real 1". his is even a post car so anyone that know those cars will know it is a clone. both cars have hemi motors but as stated people are drawn to his car. 1 of his best stories imo is a guy that owns a real bird asked him that he must have alot of money in it and why would he put that kind of $s in a clone, so todd's wife asked him where is your's at and he said stored away to which she replyed "exactly we drive and enjoy ours" so tell you buddy it may be a costly project but if he wants a car that is a magnet @ shows and cruises, go for it!!!!