Guys / gals,

What the most likely place to start looking for a vibration from my freshly rebuilt 727?

The shop is taking it back for a look-see tomorrow AM and I'm interested in the "talking points". I figure most likely a poorly balanced converter? Otherwise I figure there ain't much that gets balanced.

BACKGROUND:
Local shop, very reputable and reliable Mopar-lovers. I gave them my car with 727 for a rebuild, new converter, seals, bands, etc. They pulled the tranny, opened it up, found busted flanges in the case at the pump. I went over there and they showed me everything. So we bought a used 727 and swapped all my stuff into the unbroken case.

The 'new' tranny shifts and drives 200% better than my old one - nice and tight - except it vibrates in "waves" when accelerating - around 25mph, 45mph and not so much above that. How much does it vibrate? - Enough to make the car feel "rough".

It doesn't do it off-throttle. I feel it in my butt. Plus a little vibration in the steering wheel. I think it's the tranny and the shake is transmitted to the chassis at the mounts.

Opinions?

Thanks!
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle