Quote:

Poorboy...Supercuda
You guys are correct...4 link on a solid rear axle just is not worth it
You would need IRS set up...ie Jag or other
No I guess I will stick with the rear leafs..Just got to find short length version
with the correct spring rate
maybe Posies...do know they will be expensive as its not an off
the shelf unit

Leaf springs are pretty easy, all you need is the center bolt to be at the correct location to center the rear axle in the desired location. Then mount the front leaf spring mount where it needs to be, and mount the rear mount where it needs to be. There are many options on how long the front portion of the spring is and how long the rear portion of the spring is. Spring rate is a matter of how thick and how many leafs are in the spring pack. I see no reason you can't use an off the shelf pair of leaf springs.
Make your life easy, find a donner with leaf springs about the same weight as your truck, and get a new pair of springs for it. On my 54, I used a set of rear springs from a Mustang II. Put the front and rear hangers where they need to be so the rear axle was centered in the rear wheel wells and I was done. I mounted my springs outside of the frame on a 3/8" x 4" angle and bolted the Ford spring perches to the angle welded to the frame (the angle can also be bolted to the frame with 4 3/8" grade 8 bolts if you want to do all the drilling). I would also bet Mopar "A" body leaf springs would be close enough for a great ride and you can use the front leaf spring brackets from the A body too.
Of course, if you want to use Posy's springs, its your money. Gene