Quote:

I'm not saying that this book is the mopar holy gail, but it is one of the most comprehensive of the very few B-body restoration books available, and has had an influence on most factory restorations completed since its publishing.

The book also says on page 23,

"A few 383/335hp V-8's were painted turquoise when equipped with air conditioning."

Again on page 29,

"Note that some 1969 and 1970 383s in
air-conditioned Super Bees and Road Runners were painted Turquoise."

On page 40 (picture caption)

"Cars sold in California in 1969 used a dual snorkel air cleaner with the high performance 383ci and 440ci powerplants."

YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT??

Quote:

I'm not saying that this book is the mopar holy gail, but it is one of the most comprehensive of the very few B-body restoration books available, and has had an influence on most factory restorations completed since its publishing.

None that I've had any part in. Was warned against it many moons ago & if your examples are proof of how good it is, then the warning was well deserved.

Quote:

The book also says on page 23,

"A few 383/335hp V-8's were painted turquoise when equipped with air conditioning."

If you have been following this thread, you can see that the 383HP/335hp engine with A/C is mythical. Please provide proof that this combo existed in '68 and/or '69.

Quote:

Again on page 29,

"Note that some 1969 and 1970 383s in
air-conditioned Super Bees and Road Runners were painted Turquoise."

1969 - all SB and RR with A/C were turquois & 1970 - all SB and RR with A/C were orange.
(exceptions would be "factory mistakes" & not the norm, proof would be the responsibility of the owner/restorer)

Quote:

On page 40 (picture caption)

"Cars sold in California in 1969 used a dual snorkel air cleaner with the high performance 383ci and 440ci powerplants."

Poor choice of wording or taken out of context.
All '70 model year b-bodies w/single 4bbl carb. w/o a fresh air hood (N96) sold in California during Sept. - Dec '69 had a dual snorkel air cleaner.