The reason I did not mention the slots in my earlier response was 2 fold. One reason was that I was trying to keep from writing a book on the subject and keep it simple enough for a beginner. Secondly, the question was about IFRs. And I wanted to explain why they were called Idle Fuel Restrictors.

I always try to explain that one of the biggest challenges with tuning carbs (in my opinion) is that all the part throttle circuits overlap. So when you do any one thing, it has multiple consequences. Just look at another thread here on Moparts where changing his idle circuit balanced his wide open ratio bank to bank. I am still trying to wrap my head around that one.

I know that the idle circuit still feeds fuel throughout the range, but I never suspected there was enough to affect the WOT ratio that much.

I still stand by my recommendation (based on experience) that if he gets his idle screws close to the 1 1/2 out area, his off idle will be much closer, too.

As with so many other things Mopar, tuning a race carb for the street is a collection of compromises. A good example of that is my own carb. I converted a 3 circuit Dominator to 2 circuits for my 500" street Wedge.

It cruises on the idle circuit, not the mains. And the cruise RPM likes a very different ratio than the idle does. So, I can have a solid idle or a clean cruise. But not both, apparently. Other than that issue, it is a rockin' carb.

Anyway, I know that I left out some details on my earlier post. But it was in the interest of simplicity and brevity. And I figured that if the OP got past this intro, we could get into the next part of tuning his DP.

AFTER he bought and read a book or two on Holleys.

Master, again and still