Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Depending on the finish, it could be a big job. Send them to me, i'll make them look like chrome.

I'm polishing a set of centerline wheels that were bead blasted and painted,yuck. Actually "polishing" them is way down the list of steps to bring them back.Lot's of work if you want it done correctly.

I don't see how they can be brought back if they were bead blasted.

Polishing stuff is really easy and very rewarding. It can be done by hand or you can invest a small amount of money and buy a cotton buff to put on yout drill. Valve covers are one of the easiest things to polish imo.

Polishing an already polished surface that needs little to to brought back to acceptable(for most) is easy. That's not the case when an item has either a finish(brushed,glass beaded,pits,scratches,etc)there is a BIG difference in the process needed to refinish(not polish) a surface in other conditions. Yes, refinishing wheels that have been glass bead blasted is NOT a first timer deal and if I didn't have 20plus years refinishing metals I'd be much better off starting with a new set of wheels. I'll have 8 hours or a bit more in doing 4 wheels. The first step is not whipping out the polish,it's looking the item over to decide the best first step.

7850735-wheels005.jpg (28 downloads)
Last edited by goldmember; 09/13/13 02:18 PM.