Quote:

You need to check the fit of the intake on your motor, especially the heads to the intake manifold. Take the valley pan off and scrape the intake and head mating surfaces clean, set the intake on the motor and use a feeler gauge to see how much clearances you have between the intake and heads on each corner, front and rear, top and bottom If you have say .030 on the left rear(drivers side) and .035 on the top left rear corner and zero on the drivers side top front and .007 on the front bottom driver sides and similar measurements on the other side the intake or heads will have to be machined so they are parelel and align properly with the head maounting surfaces I like to see .000 on the bottom sides on both sides and .001 to .003 clearances on the top so the manifold will pinch the bottom tight against the intake pan and gaskets so no oil will be sucked into the intake ports BTW, once you make the sixpak seal up and get it tuned properly you will love them

When I do this, I'm guessing that I can use a couple of the manifold bolts (finger tight) just to hold the manifold in place while I take the reading.

Last edited by black68gtx; 09/02/13 04:50 PM.