Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you want it to shift like stock you leave the VB stock.. If you want to modify/improve the shifts you add a shift kit.

It does not shift like stock to me and it does not shift as a shift kit should as described on this thread. I was told by previous owner it had a shift kit but I guess I need to pull the pan and see what is in there. Again it shifts so smooth and fast that I cannot tell it is shifting unless I go real slow and concentrate. I have adjusted the kickdown linkage and replaced the missing spring but I will have to get with someone to look at this. This is such a headache it almost makes me want to install a manual 4 speed.

I don't really understand the problem , do you think there is a problem because you are not feeling your fillings being rattled loose by the shift? A bone jarring shift does not equal a good shift. Do you have a tach ? That will show you the shift is happening by the RPM drop.

Some shift kits change servo springs also so you just can't change the valvebody and think you are reverted back to STOCK.

What missing spring did you replace ?

also you say it has a high stall converter ? That means the engine may have a larger than stock cam that requires the use of a higher stall , if you change it back to a stock converter that will probably make the driving experience worse.

When I got the car the kickdown return spring was missing and that is the spring I replaced. It is not that I want jarring shifts but I cannot feel the shift at all. I have owned a couple of stock mopar auto 's before and I could feel when it shifted. The cam is close to stock. It is a Comp # CRS 268-H -10.

Do you have any idea how and how many miles the car was driven with that missing spring, that could be why the shift feels soft? What was holding the linkage forward before then?

Do you have an idea what the stall is of the current converter ?

Taking the shift kit out isn't going to fix the trans , also putting a shift kit into a trans that may have been close to needing a rebuild is going to make things worse not better as some might think.

Since you need to pull the trans to replace the converter I would get the converter you want , pull the trans and have it checked out , at minimum a seal kit is not super expensive.