Anyone ever experience an axle that was hard to remove from a 8 1/4? I literally had to beat the thing out from the opposite side. I cant tell what is at fault or what was the issue at this juncture, other than than it might appear the very end of the splines was screwed up a little for what ever reason.

I could push the axle in to realease the c-clip and it would only push back out a smidge farther than where it would be with the c-clip installed. I got so despereate that I heated the side gear up quite a bit to a dull red and it still would not come out untill i put my side adjuster tool in backwards from the other side and beat the axle out with a 2 1/2 pound hammer.

Not worried about the heated gear or damaged occured on the open carrier as I am installing a 3.55 with suregrip in its place. I am concerned about this one axle however if i can nto get it fixed---and I am desperatly trying to get this thing together to run the local Mopar day at the track in less than 4 weeks. Really didn't need this issue with everything else I have to do to the truck.

Been a long 5 years of not driving this thing--I am ready to go if it will cooperate with me.

Outcast Dodge guy.