The car wouldn't start when I took the job over, it was very resistant to turning over. I got the plugs changed, got back to baseline, 15 initial. I was at it again today getting rid of that hideous chrome excuse for a fuel line and custom made him one.

Anyways. I got the air fuel mixture close as I could. I still have to hook it up to an Air/Fuel Meter and really dig into the carburetor.

The problem here is....the #1 cylinder is SMOKING. Its like its leaking from the flange (Hedman Shorty's) but its a white smoke...The smoke goes away when I bring up the REVs....the suction of the exhaust is probably blowing it out the exhaust pipes. As soon as I get it off the REVs about 2000rpm) a plume of white smoke comes out and then it goes back to a steady discharge. I can't hear the tick tick tick associated with an exhaust leak.

The oil is fine on the dipstick....The weird part is...When I opened the radiator just to check the level before we started....The owner said it has always done that...it drinks and pukes the radiator fluid...He doesnt have a catch can and I told him has to buy one.

The motor has 400 miles on it...I need to pop off the valve covers and retorque the heads down...what could be the cause of the white smoke on JUST the #1 cylinder...I don't think its a fuel issue because all the cylinder would have been smoking...After I torque the head down again I have to get and do a compression check and see what I am looking at. I am thinking maybe its a cracked head gasket...and the coolant is leaking out between the head and block surface...and it just looks like its coming from the #1 exhaust

Any advice?

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s