Well Gene, I'll be honest, I am having trouble picturing what you built. But please don't take any offense, as I'm often slow on the uptake. LOL! But it did spawn a thought of how I might be able to do it. It would be a little more complex in the end though, and it involved some bellcranks behind the firewall. The complexity of it though is making me reconsider it all. I'm not an engineer and I don't want to try to reinvent the wheel here either. Lol!

Before posting here, I had all but resigned myself to the idea of going to a front pull set-up, aka: Dodge Van, as Bob suggested. I just know that I'm not going to like the look of the big loop of cable under the hood. So I thought I'd ask,.. just in case. But as the old BMW ad used to say, "Form follows function". So I may be going to the van front pull system.

The only other option could be the drive by wire system. I will be installing GM TBI on it once I get the harness ready. And I may be able to make that upgrade at the same time. I'll do some casual research about that shortly and decide. I don't like drive by wire, but it sure makes things easier to package!

25 Dodge Roadster
66 D100 440/727 (on 72 D100 chassis)
67 W200 360/727
72 IH TravelAll 1110 4x4 345/727/NP205
76 Scout 2 360/727/D20
'08 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4wd 4.7L