Quote:

Quote:

Galen once told me that Superbirds could come either way. I have a bird with the lines to the outside and my buds bird is on the fender side. Both are low mileage cars believed to be original and 440 cars.

More than once Galen has made statements that are not correct.I have yet (in 30 yrs) to see a bird with the "original" master cylinder that does not have the lines on the engine side.

Several years ago I was parked next to a real nice Daytona at a local show, and noticed that it had a '71 up disc brake master cylinder on it. I diplomatically mentioned to the owner that the master cylinder was wrong but I had a correct NOS one at home that I'd sell him for a good price. The guy flipped out on me, told me "Galen Govier looked at my car, he told me everything wrong with it, he didn't tell me the master cylinder was wrong, if it was he would have told me! And Chrysler would have never run the brake lines on the engine side because of the heat!"
A few months later I got my new Mopar Collector Guide and I was reading Galen's column. In it he mentioned that a customer whose car he'd recently evaluated had called him and told him someone at a car show had told him his master cylinder was wrong. Galen went on to say that he had been studying cars and records for years, and didn't know everything, but basically did know everything and that the guy should say that Galen had looked at the car and said it was correct, therefore it is correct.
Funny, he had to be talking about me and that Daytona.
The blind leading the blind..........