Hey all,
I've had a Painless Kit for a while and have had my dash and engine harnesses pulled from my car sense the end of last summer. Before I became inundated with school and work I managed to separate the original wiring (what wasn't melted together) and labeled ever wire on both ends. I'm hoping to get started installing my Painless Kit in about a week during spring break (took off work as well ) Anyway, I have a bunch of questions about the installation. I plan on mounting the new fuse box and running wire through a grommet on the firewall (bulkhead connector is fried). When I get to connections such as the headlights I'm going to buy new male/female connectors and cut off the old connector on the headlight side, for example, and replace it with a new one to mate with the new wiring.

If anyone has some tips/warnings/advice I'd really appreciate it. Here are some questions I already have:
Where did you mount the fuse box?
What was the ratings on the fuses you used?
How similar is the wiring process going to be to the original?
--Does the painless come with everything or am I going to need to wire in some minor parts?

This will be an 18 circuit Painless Wiring kit going in a 1969 Charger 383 4bbl with points ignition via a Mallory Unilite distributor. No A/C, no p/w, no p/l, not wiring in the radio, not wiring in the dash yet.

I plan on redoing my dash with Autometer guages. I'll probably keep the speedo, but everything else will be switched, so I 'll deal with that part of the wiring when I get all the guages.

Thanks, and if anyone feels like chatting about there experience please IM me:
AOLIM = lprmessiah
MSNIM = bjranimalmother@hotmail.com

Thanks, and please

Brian Russell