Quote:

Quote:

The smaller line going to the expasion valve is the high pressure side and should be warm. The larger hose which leaves the evaporator and goes to the suction side of the compressor should be cool.

I have just the opposite of that. I don't know how that can be cuz the lines can only be installed one way and the compressor can only turn in one direction. Can you think of any condition that would have the "hot line" "cold line" thing backwards?

You could have a restriction somewhere on the high pressure side.You could start at the compressor and feel the high pressure side of the system to see if the temp drops off at a certain place. The high side leaves the compressor and goes to the condensor in front of the radiator,then to the receiver dryer,then the expansion valve. The temp will drop after a restriction. You really should have gauges hooked up so you can see the pressures on both sides. I was wondering if you had a aftermarket compressor that could have the high and low hoses reversed.