Quote:

Boy... The negative stuff about Comp Cams... Last night I brought my new engine home. Yes, it has a XE274H in it. I sure hope those Chevy lobes don't tear the engine apart in the first hundred miles... Sheesh.

I chose that cam because everything I've heard nothing but positive about it. Word is it's a VERY good street cam. I'll let you know at the end of the month what I think once the engine is in and running.

Yeah, Bee, If all one hears is bad about a particular thing, well, one has to assume it's well... it's BAD!In this case,I felt it the info I got, both here and from reps, and even people who had no axe to grind warranted making the choice to go with the 274.
But in this instance (and many others, seems like)
the folks expressing opinions sometimes don't even make an attempt to be objective.
OK , so they didn't like it.Why? Was everything else in the setup optimized?Really???
Was it the exactly right timing, jetting, gearing, oil weight, lifter preload,barometric pressure whatever???
My stuff usually isn't!
I cannot remember having a super super quiet valvetrain.Seems like the older I get , the more I'm willing to accept 'close enough' as far as dialing everything in just right.It's never REALLY 'done'. I don't race stock eliminator, Garlits isn't here wanting to run for the money,
I want to enjoy more and fry less.It's a HOBBY!

Last edited by Sixgun; 06/30/13 04:29 AM.