Clonerunner issues found:
Previous owner used steel shim head gaskets,(no copper coat or anything) was not religious about using coolant and apparently did not retorque many a year ago (10) when motor was built.(some headbolts felt like 30 lbs or so)Pistons look nice, especially the two that were sucking water regularly.Flat tops w/valve reliefs.no P/N yet.
Heads look OK, valves etc, still shows crosshatch in cylinder walls,but it has CAM-ITIS!
One lobe shows tell tale discoloration and graininess.Not 100% sure, but is purple and supposed to bee 284/.484.Loved it!
Comp has XE 274H-10 split pattern (230/236@.050) adv.274/286-.488/.491 110' lobe separation
and I can get amazon free freight, and I think a 25.00 rebate.
Would this be pretty close to, or better for my setup? (383 .030 906s,approx 3000 stall,3.55s,# 3800,eddy rpm intake/850 DP 3" exh w/x pipe)
It ran very strong w/the purple.No complaints, so I almost wanted the same cam, but maybe the split pattern would work better for me?
Thoughts?
Bear

I'm 55 now, no time to waste. Not a week goes by that I don't hear about someone passing on.Let's get out there,smoke some tires,have a beer with a good friend,do what you have always wanted to do.I am pretty sure no one will ever say on their deathbed "gee I'm glad my life was calm and boring"