Quote:

Quote:

I love those cars. Most of them rusted back into the earth. Although I've never seen a picture of it, those cars were supposed to have come with 70-74 Challenger exhaust tips. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'd love to see more.

My Dad sold Plymouths in the mid seventies and I specifically remember these exhaust tips as a kid. For some reason he brought a lot (4 or 5) of these '75 Road Runners home as demos and I remember thinking (as a kid) that they must be way faster than the last ones ('74s) because they had 4 exhaust pipes instead of just 2!

I remember that most had the "tunnel" decal on the trunk, don't remember the hood blackout treatment, and I'm thinking that most were 400s, but that was a long time ago...

I'd love to find a nice survivor '75 like this some day as they bring back good memories...

That is a great story about your dad. I did buy the car last fall off of this sight. I had never seen a nice 75 Roadrunner survivor for sale so I thought why not. It is really a nice driving car. I do believe if your dad's demos had dual exhaust they would have to be a HP 400. I think the regular 360 four barrel and the regular 400 four barrel on the 75's were single exhaust. I think you could get a dual exhaust on the 360 but with an air pump so it didn't need converters? I am not real sure on that last bit of info if someone knows more please let me know. I know if you look at the spec books from 75 it looks a little confusing about engine choices etc.