Quote:

Quote:

Cable has no slop. Are you sure you have the tang that anchors the cable housing to the shifter on the correct side of the floor bracket? It belongs on the inside of the bracket. I always adjust mine in neutral because park seems to have more movement and still works the NSS. I also use the mopar lever that comes with the shifter.

stumpy, I went a head and adjusted mine in drive and checked it out in neutral too. It took 2 turns of adjustment to where it just slid in the lever. I am going to take the truck in for an alignment this afternoon so I will get back to this thread to report my results. Thanks all of you for your comments/suggestions

Drove into town for the front end alignment and it is about the same story; unless you bang shift it, then it will go into 3rd. So thought I'd turn the adjustment 2 more turns but now it wont go into low all the way so I took one turn back out of it. In the garage if you shift with vigor all the gears are engaged fully. I still think the geometry of the supplied Hurst lever is wrong. If the pivot hole was a tad bit closer to the arm (shaft) center it would remedy this problem. I'll drive it a few more times to see if I can live with it or not.