Quote:

Took the 83 D150 for it's voyage run before I get the bodywork/paint done. It is a beast with the 512 I have in it; stays around 180 degrees on the road but builds up to 205 in traffic(may have to put a shroud or electric fan on it) My wife got scared when I nailed it from 55mph and it reached 95 in no time. The problem is the stupid promatic shifter (Mike already identified the problem with his truck) If you start out in 1st and shift through the gears it will reach 3rd but as you cruise it will go back in 2nd or feel like you have the brake on. I have adjusted it as per instructions but it appears that the arm on the tranny could be a little shorter. Has anyone had this problem and contacted Hurst for a resolution? If I had a column shift column I would go that route but I don't.

I had 3 others members tell me I was a dumb azz and it was me not adjusting it correctly.

I beg to differ.

I have the slop in my cable. and same thing with the lver only going 1/2 way into a gear.

I do have a couple dozen shft levers of all different lengths, I have not looked into that as a fix, I am tossing it in the trash and going back to the stock linkage like I have hotrodded with all my junk.

un do your cable while it is hooked to the trans lever, grab it and push pull on it but do not make it shft...does yours have that 1/4" or more play in the cable?

worst 200 bux I spent in a long while. I do not want to even try another shifter becuase of the hurst POS bad taste I have choking on it.

I have most of the stock shift linkage as a spare if you need something,I have all of mine ready as soon as I find a good colum.

all the mid 80 truck parts have vanished around my area.

went to the u-pull and none in there. every magnum engine/trans had been chop sawed right out of the trucks.

so no magnum stuff latly either...just when I need a set of mag heads.