Ok guys I love tuning carbs and making them run smooth as butter so I consider myself above most in understanding them and making them work.

My big block TQ seems to be flooding over and always on driver primary/accel pump side but I cant figure out why. Here are the eliminated things.

-Checked float levels was at 29/32 move to 1" no improvement
-No gaskets torn
-5.5psi on fuel pressure gauge
-Checked classic fuel well leaking, none and seems sealed good, even went so far as to remove bowl seal top with bowl full of fuel and let sit over night on clean paper, no drips
-always run none ethanol added fuel
-rubber x seals under main boosters in place and in good shape
-rebuilt last year
-no obvious cracks in the throttle plate or fuel well

but...
the cast holes below fuel well in throttle plates is always half full of fuel and it leaks out the driver side throttle shaft after its shut off, but again ive tried a drip test on wells as stated above, then starts hard like its flooded. Never hear fuel bubbling but throttle plate gasket and main carb/manifold gasket seems to be wet.

Carb runs GREAT!!!! down the road and is tuned well but this has me stumped and makes for some hard starting. also seems to bleed off some overnight but usually on driver side.

Am I just being stupid and the well is leaking even though I it passes drip test or am I missing something.

Last edited by kilroy; 05/30/13 12:24 AM.

1973 Charger, former SE, former auto

I'm not trying to be difficult, it comes naturally....