Quote:

My motor runs like crap and nothing I do makes it better. I'm thinking of trying to figure out how to degree a cam.

did you have a prior post on this? if so could you post a link to it? If not more details on what's going on with it? I would do a compression test before you open it up just for a baseline. I would suggest checking exact TDC before anything. After you degree your first cam you'll be surprised how easy it is. You're pretty much just finding the degrees on the 'wheel at which point the intake lobe is at it highest point (intake centerline "ICL") & seeing how many degrees that is away from piston TDC which is zero on the 'wheel & comparing that to the specs on the cam card. Holler how it goes/what it ends up being. EDIT Easy degreeing; This'll be easier & be within 1 degree. Buy/make the piston stop tool & screw it into the #1 spark plug hole & confirm the dampener TDC slit is at exact piston TDC. Then remove it & with the #1 piston on TDC "compression" verified by rotor on #1 plug wire or timing chain gear dots on 12 & 12 o'clock or feeling for compression on the #1 plug hole then with the dampener slit on zero then move the crank slightly back & forth & both of the #6 cyls' lifters will be moving as you move the dampener back & forth slightly from TDC & at that point see if the dampener TDC slit is at zero on the timing tab with the lifters at EXACTLY the same height (dial indicator) & if so the cam is degreed within 1 degree of being correct & the problem is elsewhere. This required a TIGHT timing chain to work.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/29/13 04:30 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth