Quote:

I have a 440 with a Compcams CRB 280H-10 camshaft. I have read that I need to degree with a degree wheel this cam. What will degreeing do for me?

Also, with my stock pushrods and stock non adjustable rockers and this cam should I measure the lifter's preload?

Degreeing the cam will insure that the cam is installed where it will run the best at, I have seen timing sets that had the dot on the cam gear be off as much as 12 degrees. A motor that has a cam advanced or retarded 12 degrees won't run worth a hoot, take my word on that, been there done that some of us learn the hard way, sometimes more than once You don't want to go through that As far as the pushrod preload you can check that very easily with the intake valley cover off, time or degree the cam and then rotate the crankshaft so the piston is at TDC on the fring stroke, the cam gear dot should be real close to the 12.00 O clok position, straight up Now installed the two #1 pushrods and rocker arms(leave the others out for now ) and look at the distance between the lifter cup that the pushrod is riding in and the lifter cup retainer The bad thing about the stock Mopar rocker arms and shafts is that they vary on the ratio a bunch

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)