Quote:

When I had the stock K-frame I got 2 small axle U-bolts (2 1/2"x 1/2" or so). I drilled 2 holes on the each side edge of the K, then put the U-bolts up through the 2 holes and used 4 nuts to lock the U-bolt in place facing down. Gave me something for the straps to hook to that was solid. Quick fix for stock K frame cars

<Edit> since I never took a pic of where I put the U-bolts, I tried to show it in this pic with the black dots *** see attached ***

Quote:

I also built a removable cable winch ( to keep it out of the weather and theft deterrance- also something to do with the welder that's fun-lol) and I will also use the winch as a backup for tension on the front. I'll snap a picture tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

I like the clamp idea. seems like the easiest and cleanest appearing set up. Won't have to worry about wrapping the strap anything up front. I'll have to check mine out and hopefully do this before the motor goes back in.

I'd like to see the removable winch set up. I had also thought about doing this. I have the material set aside at work for it. I've just been waiting to make a post for it. You added it here sooner than I was ready. What size winch do you use. Do you think a 3000 lb ATV winch will be okay if it was used with a doubled up cable?

Quote:

On the back I am considering what a friend did on his top fuel car, use 2 axle straps and a chain with a chain hook, slip the chain end thru the strap eyes, thru the bed hook and hook to chain forming a loop, and use the fronts to remove the slack.

This sound very similar to what I mentioned earlier. A friend of mine does this also.. I'm going to "notch" my rear dovetail so that I can have the clearence to get closer to hook the straps and have exhaust clearence while loading/unloading. I'll have to figure where to have the rear tie-downs to the trailer after I do that.. I'm thinking the inside corners of the notch.. Is that understandable???

When you decide to quit, THAT is the moment when you would've succeeded..