Terry, if you get straps with flat hooks instead of twisted, I'd bet they would clear the K frame and oil pan. You could also get seperate all fabric axle straps with the ends sewn into loops. If i owned your car or Dave's, I'd weld on tie down points on the k frame so I could just snap the hooks on in front... In fact now that i think about , I just might go ahead and do it on my own car. It would make things a lot easier. Maybe I will make a template and have a few water jet cut.

C A Cab Burge- for the few extra penny's why not double the strength of the straps? They are only the spec rating when brand new, and over time they do wear a bit. Also, it's good to have each individual strap strong enough to hold the entire car and at 5,000#, there's not a lot extra. The reason for the overkill is for the worst case scenario- an accident. If by chance I hit something, I've got 2 10,000 # straps keeping the car from coming forward and crushing me from behind. The straps are rated for a static tension, and not an impact or shock. This is a case when more is better for sure. My weakest link is the tie down rings them selves. The straps are not just to hold your car on the trailer, they are also for protecting everyone around you from your cargo.