Quote:

Quote:

In metro So Cal we follow too close. If we followed the 3 sec rule someone would cut us off in that gap.

Didn't Dennis Haysbert (spelling?) Just say on the latest Allstate commercial that it is now a 2 second rule?

Really though, glad you came out alive. It does suck that it is the guy who is behind that is at fault but that's the way it goes, I guess more times than not that kind of mess could be avoided in some way. My buddy punched out a cab driver once for following him WAY too close. Sounds worse than it was, but I think the cabbie got the message.

Don.

Merging into the freeway things are always a little different. Down in the OC on the 5 fwy the run 1 sec gaps at 80-85 mph 6-7 lanes wide! You're trying to get up to speed so some idiot doesn't run you over. And if traffic in all the other lane is moving you don't expect the right lane to slam on the brakes. Also with a tall minivan you can see what is happening in front of that car.

To end up pointing the wrong way looking at a semi on the 5 fwy with only a busted quarter panel... that's doing fine in my book.