Quote:

I bought a new 06 Wrangler with the 2.5 4-cylinder and 6-speed trans and I miss it everyday. $9500 for a 99 is strong money, the 2004-2006 were the best made IMHO and can be had for that kind of money for a toy. I would get the 4.0 and 6-speed next time, but the auto is not too bad for a girls car...

Wranglers are great. I would look for a TJ they were built between 1997-2006 and they have a nice balance between comfort and being a true Jeep, you could drive them on a road trip, with cruise, AC , etc comfortably. The new ones are just too big, (wider for less likely to rollover) and blingy with power windows, locks and nav. systems. all optional I know, but it's a Jeep Wrangler! And wranglers really hold their value! that Sahara you're looking at is a bit high, http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1999/Jeep/Wrangler-6-Cyl-5-Spd-4WD/Utility-2D-Sahara-4WD/Values I am currently looking for a 2004-2006 wrangler Rubicon, the top model and a clean one with decent under 70k miles can run you 14k on up to 20k!