I've got a jeep yj. Basically it's less refined and less car-ish than the late 90's tj and the 2000's jk. YJ is the last generation for front leaf springs, however you want an early 90's and up model for the fuel injection. I bought a carbed model and swapped the carbed 4.2 out in favor of a 5.2 magnum with the efi out of a dakota. I prefer the yj to the tj or jk because the yj is more squarish, boxy and jeepish and I don't like the coil spring front on the tj and kj. yj is the one with the square headlights. However depends what you want it for. I have the soft top and half doors, pulled the rug out of it and rockerguarded the floor. I have the top down all the time, it takes 5 minutes to put the top back up after, and to me going topless is the best part of having a jeep. It's been rained on with the top down a few times, no big deal. I off road with it a fair bit, I put a little bit bigger tires(32's) and a small lift on it as well as a few other mods like a winch, light bar and stuff like that. I say go check out a few different jeeps and decide on what you like.