Quote:

With only 14 degrees of timing in your distributor you do not need to run manifold vacuum. Run it on the timed port, and bump it to 34-38 degrees total.

The starter shouldn't be kicking back at 14 initial. I'd suspect an slipped/incorrect balancer/timing mark. What kind of distributor is this?

Manifold vacuum is an easy fix to clean up the idle on a car with a lot of mechanical advance in the dizzy (i.e. stock). If you can get it to the 34-38 total and 20-24 initial that it should have you should probably not run manifold vacuum as it will be too much. At only 14 degrees initial I would probably run manifold vacuum though.

A friend of mine put the eddy 800 on his Dart years ago with a 440, 509 cam, single plane intake and headers. Hes never adjusted anything other than idle and mixture screws and said the car had never been that fast or had such insane response. While I'm not a fan of Eddys and prefer Holleys I do respect this particular friend's opinion. He ran 800 and 850 DPs prior. I've been in the car and its an easy mid to high 11 second car. And the throttle response is indeed awesome.

Matt the damper has been verified to be accurate. The timing tab is a OEM timimg cover.
The Dist is a MP Electronic unit.Its the older design that doen't have the adjustable mechanical advance.
I am really starting to think I have a battery cable and/or starter issue. After warming the car to op. temp(not hot) and shutting it down, my starter is dragging. When I allow it too cool down spins normally. I dont know if its cheap cable or starter. How can I verify this?
Brand new Interstate battery, new starter and cables, not sure of the quality of the cable.