Quote:

Detonation can do some bad stuff over time. But if it was only detonating critically on one hole (using the evidence of pressure readings from others as an indicator), it would still be assembly/machining issue. All holes would have the issue if it were a bolt on/fuel/tuning issue. I dont think anyone would stand behind it after 7K miles. I know I wouldnt. Help fix it and make it right, sure. Eat the entire job? No. Because it's already proved that my job was done right and maybe one of the parts I chose failed. There is something to be said for parts choices, and in that area, I've never liked Blueprint. Bu tthe cheapness factor always wins that debate.

I would agree with you but they claim 30 month warratny and 20k milage warranty. This was the biggest reason i went with them over a local machine shop.

If i caused the problem i won't expect them to eat it or for it to be covered.

Problem is they started with it was a cold start problem "cause by the cold weather you guys get up there in New York"

That was the first guy i talked mind you he would be the one to fix and reassembled.

Then the manager in charge of sales tells me it is a detonnation problem.

Then he goes into i supplied the bolt ons and they could not say if the fuel pump / carb and timing was correct.

If they started out with i caused the detonation problem in the first place i wouldn't of have questions there actions but the manager went on about how it could been caused by other things and kept back stepping on what he said the cause of the ring failure was.

And my favorite thing was on the broken rings weere in spec and installe correctly.

HOw can you tell that when they were broken i asked.

His replay o i mean that they were the right ring for that piston.

Just too many things don't add up.