i'm having problems with my MSD box, a 5-6 year old analog 6AL. i talked to MSD, and he was insistent that most reproduction tachs don't work with the box, despite what the builder says. i have a repro tic-toc-tach from charger specialties, and things worked fine for a number of years.

anyway, he said two things: one is that the wires going to the distributor have to be at least 6 inches away from all other wires, and 2 is that the + and - from the box must be directly connected to the battery itself.

my box is on the inner fender, below the battery tray. the wires going to the distributor are running along side the stock wiring harness. the - from the MSD box is grounded to the engine, and the + is connected to the battery from the starter relay on the firewall.

has anyone else run into problems like this? has anyone found that if you don't do these things there are issues? i have no idea how i would run those wires in my car and keep them 6" away from every other wire without doing some goofy looking hack job.