Quote:

OK - This is in a relatively stock car, used for daily driving. Rubber mounts are intact, and using a multimeter, found continuity between the alt. case and engine in several points without the ground wire hooked up. That said, I did upgrade the ground wire years ago to about an 8 gauge wire... would like to keep it that way, if for no other reason than vibration may cause issues down the line ( i drive the thing like a a maniac...). Main point of my original question was to find out exactly WHAT needs to be grounded here, and from all posts to now, it's the case. Simple fix IMHO. Tap and screw into the original ground hole in the case and hook up my HD ground wire going right into the pass. side cyl. head. Am I wrong?

You need to ground it as I have said. You will find continuity with a multimeter only because it is finding it through incorrect sources. When you load it the loss of ground will be obvious. That alternator will not work through isolators. You are on the right correct path by using the ground wire to the case. I am done with this post and wish you luck. As far as the uneducated stupid posters that want to argue when they are wrong carry on. I laugh all day long at fools like you.